Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fourth Annual Girly Girl Night Away!

Every fall, Nora and I go away together for some girl time.  We left Sunday after church and had a great time together.  I try to do whatever it is she would like to do.  We checked into the hotel and promptly headed for the pool.  We played rescue the bugs and spent time in the hot tub.  She loved the tub!  It was a bath shower shower (two shower heads!!).  She took three baths in the twenty hours we were there!
Nora beat me twice at Skip-Bo, she gloated!  We did a little shopping, ate junk food,  looked at old photos of previous Girly Girl night, cried while watching Extreme Home Makeover and just talked.  It is so nice to be with her and not have any distractions.  The only bummer of our time away was that the alarm clock in the room was set to go off at five-thirty am.  She was bright eyed and bushy tailed.  I however would like to have slept a few more hours.  I did remind myself in a few more years, I will probably have trouble waking her up and to enjoy the moment.
And yes, our last activity was to go see High School Musical 3.  We both loved it.  I am a sucker for any sappy musical.  When it was over Nora looked at me and said "Mom, that one part made me cry!"  I have to admit I teared up more than once.  We had a great time, looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

What a fun time!!! That is so special that you get to have that time with her. I will definitely be doing stuff like that with my daughter someday :)

linda t said...

What a wonderful tradition with your daughter!
You & Jason are awesome parents!
We sure love your little family.