Tuesday, October 14, 2008

YS with my best friend

Jason and I had a great weekend away together.  It was our sixth annual trip to NWYC- National Youth Workers Convention, Youth Specialties.   We left Thursday for Sacramento.  What a great city!  I had low expectations for Sacramento, I was surprised at the downtown.  There were so many great local places to eat.  The weather was perfect and the city was fun to explore on foot.


One of the booths promoting a product had this snake.  It is a type of python and weighs thirty pounds.  I felt brave and held it long enough for a photo.  Youth Specialties is so FUN!  I won a Nintendo ds in a raffle.  The boys were so excited!  Next year it is in Anaheim.  
This was a piece of art work at the baggage claim in Sacramento.  It is a stack of luggage!  So cool!

1 comment:

Angie in AZ said...

Well, I see that there is now one more thing my boys will be jealous over.. that Nintendo... they are already mad because ya'll have been to Legoland one more time than us! LOL! And that snake is beautiful. Don't they feel amazing? Can you tell I'm not scared of them? I had two baby grass snakes when I was 12 and thought they were the coolest things ever until one got out and was found in the kitchen. My mom put her foot down at that point and made me get rid of them. ;(