I LOVE my engagement ring. I didn't realize how attached I was to it until this weekend. Two weeks ago, I took my ring in to have the prongs replaced. Before I took it in for the repair, I took a few photos of it. I was so thrilled to get it back all clean and shiny! I never take my ring off. The jeweler even made mention of that fact, noticing how worn the ring was. Since I have had it back, I have been fiddling with it quite a bit. Jason and I were at a youth convention this weekend (we had so much fun, more about that later...) and Saturday night I looked down and my ring was gone. I kept telling myself it was just a thing and I would be okay if it was lost, but soon I was in tears. I retraced my steps and went to the convention headquarters and had people begin to look. Soon I was sobbing. I felt so sick inside. That ring means so much to me. The ring initially belonged to Jason's Grandma whom I love and adore. It is so beautifully unique in it's design. When I look at it, I am reminded of all the years that ring has been worn (fifteen years on my hand and who knows how long before that on GG's!) and what it represents, and I realized I look at it a lot. I don't cry like that very often. I was so sad. Then Jason reminded me that I had put on lotion in the hotel room maybe I had taken it off. We went back to look. There it was waiting for me on the night stand! I was so relieved and happy. I was sure it was lost for good.
3 days ago

1 comment:
I was so scared for you there for a minute. Im so glad you found it! It is sure a unique ring, I bet you are the only one in the world with one like it!
Post a Comment